Skip to main content

Landscape survey - a chance to help with some research

I've been sent a link to a survey which I hope you might be able to help with.

My name is Kate Wayland and I'm currently studying Geography (BSc) at Staffordshire University. As part of my degree I have designed my own dissertation project which equates to 1/4 of my final year.

My passion for Geography greatly influences the areas I visit in my spare time. I prefer to visit landscapes that are geologically diverse (landscapes with lots of cool rocks in!). 
I am interested in what people like about the landscapes they visit and in particular the general public appreciation of geodiverse landscapes. 
Amongst other things I've designed this survey to figure out:

- what things attract people to a landscape?

- do people appreciate geodiverse landscapes? 

- what sort of people like geodiverse landscapes?

Hopefully with this information I can suggest suitable ways to encourage  people to enjoy Britain's geodiverse landscapes even more.

If you wish to lend me a hand and contribute to my final project by taking part in my survey then the link is attached  below. It should take 10-15 minutes to complete. Also, the information you share with me will not be passed on to any third parties and will be used solely for the purpose of this dissertation project.

 http://staffordshire.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0MMTjZR0c8NmeIl

 Please feel free to pass it on to everyone you know, the more the merrier! 

Lastly, if you have any questions or want to find out more my email is:kate.wayland@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ideal scenery

Check out this Robert MacFarlane tweet, and the replies that follow for a whole host of ideas on different people's ideal landscapes... Some wonderful images and brief descriptions ideal for sharing... "Tramlines and slagheaps, pieces of machinery, That was, and still is, my ideal scenery." WH Auden Question: what is your "ideal scenery"? pic.twitter.com/8QLS0HRZt9 — Robert Macfarlane (@RobGMacfarlane) July 6, 2017

Glacier Melt Visualisation

This nice interactive infographic visualises the ice loss from Switzerland's glaciers. It is one of several from the VisQuill site , developed by Dr. Benjamin Niedermann.

The path more travelled

I'm currently reading Nicholas Crane's new book on the history of Britain's footpaths: how they came about originally following the drowning of Doggerland , and were then refined by successive waves of change: horses, the Roman invasion etc. It's a dense and scholarly work, with plenty of points of interest and relevance to geographers exploring the connections between people and the landscape. He's taking his book on the road in a series of talks, with three confirmed so far. Here's the description for his talk at Stanford's book shop at the end of the month . He's also speaking in Exeter and Stamford. Walking is a cornerstone of British identity and the most popular form of exercise in the UK. But how much do we know about the paths that we walk? What is their history? Why do they follow the routes that they do? Are they permanent? Can we designate more of them?​ The Path More Travelled is a coast-to-coast history of footpaths from the stone age paths...